This daylong excursion starts at the Fowler Museum with a tour of the exhibition Mapping Another L.A.: The Chicano Art Movement by curators Chon Noriega and Pilar Tompkins Rivas. En route to LACMA, artist Sandra de la Loza introduces her parallel exhibition Sandra de la Loza: Mural Remix, followed by a tour of the installation at LACMA. The day continues with a visit to the murals at Ramona Gardens with artist Judithe Hernandez, and concludes with a visit to the site of Willie Herrón’s newly commissioned mural that pays homage to Asco’s iconic 1972 performance Walking Mural. The tour starts at and returns to the Fowler Museum; transportation is provided throughout the day and includes a lunch stop for local street fare.
Mural Remix Tour II
- Saturday, January 21, 2012, 10:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Details: Tour starts and ends at the Fowler Museum
- Admission: Free; reservations required. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org after January 1. Parking is $11 at UCLA.
- Location: Fowler Museum, UCLA North Campus, 308 East Charles Young Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90095 Map
Art Installation—Drop by any time
East of No-West, by Willie Herrón
- Details: Mural is located in the alley behind the bakery
- Admission: Free; open to the public.
- Location: 4125 City Terrace Dr., Los Angeles, CA 90063 Map